Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Rooster Weather Vane Has Landed!

After 30 years in my parents garage (and then 5 years in mine), the rooster weather vane I inherited has finally found a home. Purchased from Lavoie's Decorating Studio in downtown Minneapolis after Lavoie's went out of business in 1977, the weather vane was intended for the cupola my dad had planned to build for the garage of my parents Cape Cod Colonial home, but he never got around to it. Now, 35 years later, the rooster is finally home atop the beautiful cupola that Todd built for our garage (made specifically for the rooster of course). Mom is thrilled! I wish my dad was here to see it, but more than anything I wish that dad was here to meet Todd (something he never got a chance to do). Funny though, I've always had this strange sense that dad had somthing to do with our paths crossing!

1 comment:

  1. Your Dad would be proud! That looks fantastic! I love cupolas and weather vanes, very excellent.

    ReplyDelete