Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The time has come...


The time has come to harvest chickens, and honestly I am kind of sad. I never thought I'd get attached to silly chickens! We've had them seven weeks as of yesterday. Todd drove them to a friends house last night to be 'dealt with' this morning. I asked if I could save one or two, so he let me give our pretty, buff-colored odd ball (center of photo) to my friend Tammy. She already has egg laying chickens and a few roosters, so 'buff' went to her place...all because of her color. She looked sad last night when all her chicken friends went bye-bye, so I explained to her how lucky she is. This morning Todd loaded her up in a box and put her in my trunk (never thought my car would see the likes of a chicken) and I drove her to Tammy's house. When we put her in the pen with her new friends she looked confused. Can chickens looked confused? Maybe it was just me personifying my feather ball on yellow sticks. Afterwards, Tammy and I went for a walk. I peeked at her before I drove home; she looked happy. She should be...she's not on chef Todd's dinner menu this evening!

1 comment:

  1. You are tougher than I am! I am such a wuss about stuff like that.
    I don't know how to change the name of your blog on my page, but I'll keep seeing what I can figure out.

    ReplyDelete