Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Learning about Wine...

This week was the start of my wine class at Saint Paul College. The winery enrolled me in a 9 credit course that is really 5 classes in one! Class is held from 5-10 pm, once a week through Mid-December. We sample wines, learn about their origin, regions/soil, varietals, flavor and color dynamics, strategies for pairing with food, and wine marketing. I LOVE this class; never though I'd earn credit for drinking wine all night long! Once complete, I will have earned a wine certificate similar to a sommelier, and will most certainly be a huge asset for Trade River Winery. If you are interested in learning about wine tasting yourself, Trade River Winery is offering a one night class covering the basics. See details below:

Enjoy a lovely evening where you will sample wines and discuss the characteristics of different grape varietals, learn the proper way to see, smell and taste wine, understand glassware styles and serving and storing temperatures - we'll take the mystery out of wine as we discuss the basics of food and wine pairing.

Instructor: Nicki Peterson, Certified Wine Professional
Class size is limited - sign up today!

Price: $20
Date: Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Location: Trade River Winery
Street: 21115 Deer Lane
City/Town: Grantsburg, WI
Phone: 7153274193
Email: info@traderiverwinery.com

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you probably won't appreciate my $4.99 wine once you've finished all this classwork. Sounds fun, I went to similar training for beer back in my Coors days.

    ReplyDelete