Friday, June 12, 2009

SOLD!!!


After a stressful month of owning two homes, we finally closed on 510 4th street today! What a huge relief! We were originally scheduled to close May 29th, but the underwriters said they were backlogged and pushed our closing date back 2 weeks. It seemed touch-and-go for a while but our buying and selling process is officially complete.

Last evening we met the new owners who seem very nice. Carol, the purchaser, has been equally stressed and equally eager to wrap things up. What a rollercoaster ride for us all! It made me feel good to see how excited she was to get into her new home. We did a walk-through of the house with she and her fiancee, pointing out all the little nuances they might not see up front. I wrote her a list of all the important details, like how 200 kids come at Halloween and to buy at least 7 bags of candy because she will go through it! I am really going to miss that about 510, I soooo looked forward to that night each year! Sadly, we won't have any trick-or-treaters at the new home.

I think tonight calls for a celebratory glass of wine...or three! I left Carol and Jerry a bottle on their new counter ~ I know they will be enjoying every sip of it this evening as they celebrate new home ownership, one of the sweetest rewards in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment